Thanks goes to to Ray for this great moroccon beef meatballs recipe
- 2 x slices white bread
- 125 ml milk
- 1 kg minced beef
- 1 x egg
- 2 x tablespoons fresh coriander (chopped)
- 1 x tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 x tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 x tablespoon paprika
- 2 x teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 x teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 x large onion chopped
- 1 x tablespoon olive oil
- 4 x cloves garlic crushed
- 1 x small tin tomato paste 65g
- 700g bottled passata (You can get this from Woolworths Tomato Passata)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- 2 x tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup packed fresh coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
1. Remove and discard the bread crust from the bread. Put the bread in a small bowl and add the milk. Leave aside for 10 minutes
2. Mix the bread mixture, beef mince, egg, fresh coriander, spices and half the onion and garlic in a large bowl and ensure it is well mixed.
3. Roll small sized balls or level table spoon balls and place in a pressure cooker.
4. Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat and cook the remaining onion and garlic whilst stirring until the onions are soft. Stir in tomato paste, passata. stock and honey.
5. Transfer to the pressure cooker and lightly mix into the balls.
6. Cook for about 20 to 40 minutes in the pressure cooker. You can add a little bit of water to prevent it from burning.
7. Season with some salt to taste
8. Sprinkle with fresh coriander and serve.
Note : alternatively you can add it all into a slow cooker and cook for 6 hours.