One of the famous movie lines is “Monday night is left over meatloaf night” and this has resulted in me wanting to try it. This is my first try at it and came out delicious. For the South Africans this is one huge frikkadel but a lot more tastier.
- 1 x cup breadcrumbs
- 1 x large onion
- 1 kg beef mince
- 2 eggs
- 3 garlic cloves or crushed garlic
- 1 tsp Worcester Sauce
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley or 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 beef cubes crumbled or dissolved in little bit of water or 2 tsp beef powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tbsp cider vinager
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C
- Oil or spray a bread tin or glass tray
- For the glaze: mix everything together and set aside
- For the meatloaf : Place the breadcrumbs in a large bowl. Grate the onions and mix with the bread crumbs until all is wet.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well with your hands
- Place into the bread tray and smooth over to prevent cracks during baking
- Brush with the glaze
- Bake for about 40-45 minutes
- Remove from oven ans let cool down before removing from the tray.