Very easy to make and tastes delicious over ice cream and also delicious in Cafe Mocha’s
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- In a medium saucepan, mix together the cocoa powder and sugar until blended.
- Add the water and 1/4 teaspoon of the salt, and mix over low to medium heat until boiling.
- Stir constantly.
- Continue boiling until mixture thickens, about 3 – 4 minutes.
- The mixture will still be fairly thin (it thickens to a syrup-like consistency once cool).
- Add the remaining salt if desired.
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla essence.
- Allow to cool down.
- Store in an airtight glass container in the refrigerator.
- The syrup should keep for at least a month while refrigerated.