This is my first try at a lamb shank and I was amazed at the end result. Very simple recipe with only a few ingredients.
- 1 x sliced onion
- 2 x lamb shanks
- 1 x 200 ml cream
- Robertsons Thyme to taste
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1-2 tablespoons Bisto
- Slice the onion and add to pressure cooker.
- Spice the lamb shanks with the salt, pepper and thyme.
- Add the two lamb shanks and about 500ml – 1L water to the pressure cooker.
- Cook for 2 hours in the pressure cooker.
- Once opened let the excess water cook away until a nice sauce forms.
- Remove from the heat and let cool for a while.
- Add the cream and bisto and let simmer until the desired sauce thickness is achieved and the flavours have infused themselves.
- Serve with your favourite sides and get ready for a lip smacking dish.
Thyme Lamb Shank