Original recipe from http://www.lecremedelacrumb.com/ adapted to local ingredients
Very quick and easy to make.
- 4-6 skinless chicken fillets
- ⅔ cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 teaspoons Robertsons Italian Herb Seasoning
- 4 tablespoons oil – divided
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 250ml cream
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese (optional)
- Fresh chopped parsley or basil for garnishing (optional)
1. Combine roasted red peppers, 1 teaspoon Italian Herb Seasoning, oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a food processor or blender Pulse til smooth.
You can make the peppers by cutting them into pieces and placing them on a roasting dish and covering them lightly with olive oil and grilling them in the oven.
2. Grease a large skillet. Season chicken with remaining 1 teaspoon Italian Herb Seasoning. Cook chicken in your greased skillet over medium heat on each side until cooked through and lightly browned on the outside. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3. Transfer red pepper mixture to the pan and stir over medium heat. Add the cream and stir until mixture is thick and creamy. Add the chicken and toss in the sauce to coat. Simmer for a few minutes to allow the sauce to thicken to taste.
4. Garnish with crumbled feta cheese and freshly chopped parsley or basil