This is a very simple and quick delicious soup.
- 500 g Cauliflower fresh or frozen
- 250 g Bacon bits
- 1 x Table Spoon Butter
- 1 x Table Spoon Oil
- 1 Tea Spoon crushed garlic
- 1 Small (125 g) potato cut in slices
- 700 ml boiling water
- 250 ml fresh cream
- 1 x Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
- 100 g Simonsberg Creamy Blue cheese
- Fresh Parsley for garnishing
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
Add the cauliflower, potato, chicken stock pot, garlic, water and pepper to a pot and boil until the cauliflower and potato is soft.
Remove from the heat and puree with a stick blender until nice and smooth.
In the meantime add the butter and oil to a pan and cook the bacon bits until slightly crispy.
Add half the blue cheese and bacon bits and mix together. Let it cool down a bit more and then add the cream until the desired thickness is reached.
Add back to heat and slowly heat to boiling point and then serve.
Garnish by using some of the left over cheese and breaking it into small pieces and sprinkling it on top with some fresh chopped parsley.
Enjoy with your favourite toasted bread.