This is quite something different but the taste is simply sensational with the mixture of jeera and capers.
- 30 ml Butter
- 20 ml olive or coconut oil
- 2 x teaspoons crushed garlic
- 5 ml ground cumin (Jeera)
- 4 x Salmon Fillets (defrosted or fresh)
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 40 – 60 ml capers chopped roughly
- 30 ml fresh chopped parsley
- 250 ml Sour Cream
- Fresh parsley or coriander leaves for garnishing
Heat the butter and olive oil in a frying pan and stir-fry the garlic and cumin for about a minute.
Season the salmon fillets with salt and pepper and fry one by one in the butter mixture on both sides until done.
Remove from the pan and keep warm.
Add the capers and parsley to the remaining butter mixture in the pan and stir-fry lightly.
Add the sour cream and stir around with a ladle so the cream can absorb al sauce and ingredients in the pan.
Simmer until the sauce thickens to your liking (Careful not to overdo it otherwise the cream will separate).
Pour the sauce over the salmon and serve immediately.
Garnish with a few fresh parsley or coriander leaves.
Delicious with savoury rice and salad.